Hello Beauties! ❤❤❤
I hope everyone is doing great! 🙂
The Festive season has already begun and for Women, Festivals don’t just mean worships and enjoyment.. To us, they mean the opportunity to splurge on some new jewellery, extravagant dresses and a little (read ‘A lot more than little’ 😀 ) makeup, without REGRET! 😀 😛 ❤
But this festive season, I decided to show my pocket some mercy and giving it a bit of relief, purchase some inexpensive makeup products.. 😉
Anyway, Festivals call for some experimentation! Agree? 😀
So, today I am going to review one of the most inexpensive makeup products that I bought this season! ❤
BLUE HEAVEN XPRESSION SPARKLING EYE SHADOW PENCIL- 01
DESCRIPTION: Highly pigmented formula; shimmer finish; long-lasting; waterproof; Color morphing.
BH xpression eye shadow is a new makeup style with the help of which you can create sharp and precise lines around the eyes. Its pencil shape makes easy for application as eye shadow and eye liner both. BH eye shadow liner makes even the smallest eyes appear larger, graceful and colourful. The BH eye shadow suit not only to any outfit but also to all occasions. Just wear the confidence.
HOW TO APPLY: Applying the eye shadow correctly is of immense importance, here we share our favourite, tried but true tips-
• Carefully choose the best suited colour, start with completely bare eye.
• Apply colour across eyelids and blend upward into creases.
• For added definition, glide pencil along your upper lash lines and extend outward like a wing.
• Starting with the upper lashes, dot the pencil into the spaces between the lashes. The result is not supposed to be a line, it suppose to look as if the lashes themselves are super thick at the root.
• Finish with one coat of BH mascara to curve lashes up and down. Compare eye to other naked eye and see you will be surprised!!!!
KEY INGREDIENTS: Ricinus communis, vegetable wax, BHT, propyl paraben and may contain Cl77499, cl77019, cl77891, cl77491, cl77492, cl77007, cl77287.
COST: INR 60 for 2.5g.
SHELF LIFE: 3 years.
MY TAKE ON THE PRODUCT:
The Blue Heaven Xpression sparkling eye shadow pencil comes packed along with a sharpener in a cardboard leaf.. All the details of the product, the instructions, shade number, everything is mentioned on the backside of the packaging… ❤
The eye shadow pencil is more sort of chubby crayon rather than a pencil.. 😛
The outer layer of the pencil is metallic silver in colour and has a sturdy, transparent plastic cap over it.. The pencil looks really classy and not at all cheap! ❤
The cap shuts really well and the packaging is quite travel friendly, but the one I received from Nykaa, already had a broken cap! 🙁
The shade 01, that I own, is a beautiful and warm, orangish brown shade with a moderate amount of fine shimmer.. One single swipe of it gives a light orangish brown shade but the pigmentation is buildable to a great extent with multiple swipes.. ❤
The eye shadow pencil can be used as a liner, to line the upper and lower lash lines or it can be smudged over the eyelids, with the finger tips, to fulfill the purpose of an eye shadow.. Both the ways, it works really well and gives the desired shade and coverage.. ❤
Plus, it can be used on the go, while traveling or when running out of time and one doesn’t need an applicator or brush with it! ❤
The shimmer present is not very glittery and just adds a hint of shine to the eyelids.. Thus making it perfect for the day as well as the night look! ❤
The shadow claims to be waterproof and it actually is water and sweat resistant to a great extent.. It doesn’t come off easily with water untill rubbed manually…
Also, it stays on the eyelids, unaltered, for quite a few hours(I have kept it on for a maximum of 4-5 hours, it can last even longer!), until removed! ❤❤❤
The sharpener provided along the pencil is silvery grey in Color and is of a good quality.. It sharpens the pencil very finely thus minimising the product wastage! ❤❤❤
(Also read my review over Lakme Rose Powder here!)
SUMMING UP PROS AND CONS:
1. Damn inexpensive and easily available. Buy it from here!
2. Travel friendly and can be used on the go!
3. Has negligible smell.. When sniffed very hard, it smells of wax! 😛
4. Highly pigmented and the color is buildable.
5. Can be used as a liner or smudged with finger tips into an eye shadow; multipurpose!
6. Waterproof to a great extent.
7. Has slight shimmer, making it apt for both the day and the night makeup!
8. Long lasting.. Lasts for hours until rubbed manually!
9. Sharpener provided is of a good quality.
1. Only few shades available.
FINAL TAKE: For the price (Rs. 60), that it is offered at.. It does a far better a job than what can be expected from it.. It is greatly pigmented, lasts long and is waterproof! ❤
I am planning to get my hands on a few more shades from this range!
Hope It Helps ❤