Hello dear people! ❤❤❤
What’s up with you all? 😀
Rice is one cereal, we Indians just cannot live without! 😛
Be it the basic steamed rice or the heavenly pullao, the mouth-watering biryani or the soothing idli and dosa – rice is a staple in every kitchen and every home! ❤❤❤
But did you know how multipurpose rice is, even outside the kitchen? 😀
Loaded with anti-oxidants, amino acid, vitamin A & C, flavonoids and starch, rice not just calms and cures acne and blemishes but also reduces inflammation, eczema, tones and firms up the skin, fights hyperpigmentation and also helps in regrowth and softening of hair! ❤
Furthermore, rice flour works as a natural but amazing exfoliator for the skin and also suits all skin types! ❤
So…… When you run out of your favourite bath mix or body scrub this time, do not panic! And instead, try using the rice kept in your kitchen and make yourself a bowl of DIY bath scrub! 😀 😉 😛
D-I-Y RICE FLOUR AND OATMEAL BODY SCRUB
• Rice flour – 3 full tablespoons
• Oatmeal – 3 full tablespoons
• Honey – 1 tablespoon
• Organic turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
• Milk – as required (to make a paste)
BENEFITS OF THE INGREDIENTS:
• Rice flour – Rice flour is a terrific skin exfoliator and contains skin brightening, soothing and oil absorbing properties!
• Oatmeal – Oatmeal contains saponins that act as an amazing skin cleanser and exfoliator while the nourishing, soothing and brightening properties of oats make it an ideal skincare ingredient for all skin types!
• Honey – Honey possesses clarifying and anti-bacterial properties that keep the skin clean while it is also very nourishing and keeps the skin supple!
• Turmeric – Turmeric is loaded with anti-oxidants and possesses anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties that keep the skin healthy!
• Milk – Milk acts as an excellent cleanser as well as moisturizer! It helps in lightening suntan and also improves the complexion of the skin!
STEP 1: Take the rice flour in a medium-sized bowl and add 6-8 tablespoons of milk over it. Mix both the ingredients together to make a thick paste!
P.S.: If you don’t have store-bought rice flour at home, you can make the rice powder by grinding half a cup of uncooked rice in a mixer grinder!
STEP 2: To the above mixture, add the oatmeal along with honey and turmeric powder and give it a good mix.
STEP 3: Add 8-10 tablespoons of milk (add more if required) in the bowl and mix all the ingredients together to form a paste of medium consistency (neither too thick, not too runny).
STEP 4: Let the mixture stand for 5 minutes so that the oatmeal gets a little mushy and binds all the ingredients together…
And your DIY body scrub/bath mix is ready to accompany you to the shower! 😀
HOW TO USE?
• Wet the body properly.
• Take the mixture onto your palms and gently massage it in a circular motion all over the body, taking one section at a time.
• Leave the scrub on the skin for 5 to 10 minutes after scrubbing and then rinse it off with water.
The rice flour and oatmeal scrub away all the dead skin cells and impurities built up on the surface of the skin leaving it smooth while the honey and milk nourish the skin making it soft and supple! ❤
Rice, oatmeal, milk and turmeric are also known for their skin brightening properties and may help in removing suntan from the skin… ❤
Plus, the scrub is extremely gentle on the skin and hence, it is perfectly suitable for all the skin types! ❤❤❤
(Also check out my recipe of DIY Rice Water And Lavender Toner here)
Hope this DIY helps you! ❤
Do try it at home and don’t forget to share your experiences! 🙂