Hello dearies! ❤❤❤
What’s up with you all? 😀
‘Activated charcoal’ is one ingredient that has taken the whole beauty industry by storm! Charcoal packs, charcoal sheet masks, charcoal scrubs, charcoal cleansers… It wouldn’t sound weird if I said that ‘Charcoal Is The New Black’ of our beauty industry! 😀
But then, it does deserve all that fame… After all, there are very few other ingredients that can actually detox our skin as amazingly as activated charcoal! ❤
So today, I thought why not share a charcoal face & body mask recipe that you can prepare in your own home, anytime and every time you need some detox for your skin! 😀
DIY CHARCOAL FACE & BODY MASK
• Activated Charcoal Powder – 1 tablespoon [you can find it both online as well as offline]
• Coarsely Grounded Oatmeal – 1 tablespoon
• Gram Flour (Besan) – 1 & a 1/2 tablespoon
• Yoghurt – 2 tablespoons
• Tea Tree Essential Oil – 3-5 drops
• Honey – 1 tablespoon
ABOUT THE INGREDIENTS:
• Activated Charcoal Powder: Activated charcoal pulls out excess oil, grease and impurities from the pores, unclogging and detoxifying the skin and leaves the skin clear and bright! Additionally, charcoal also has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties and fights against skin infections!
• Oatmeal: Oatmeal is loaded with antioxidants and helps fight skin issues caused due to sun exposure, pollution and chemicals… It also works as an amazing cleanser, mild exfoliator and moisturizer and helps soothe various bacterial and fungal infections!
• Gram Flour: Gram flour/besan acts as a really effective cleanser cum exfoliator for all the skin types and removes dead skin cells, mild sun tan, oil, grease and grime from the surface of the skin, without drying it out! It is also loaded with anti-bacterial properties and helps fight acne and infections!
• Yogurt: Yogurt/dahi is a wonder ingredient, when it comes to skincare! Yogurt moisturises the skin, fights & reduces acne, blemishes, pigmentation, infections, wrinkles and fine lines and also soothes sunburns and burning sensations…
• Tea Tree Essential Oil: The soothing and healing properties of the tea tree oil go really well with the clarifying properties of charcoal… Tea tree oil has anti-septic, anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties which help in treating and healing skin infections, wounds, itching, inflammation and acne!
• Honey: Honey is an amazing moisturizer for dry skin types and also an amazing cleanser for oily skin types! Honey is anti-bacterial in nature and helps treat acne while it is also loaded with antioxidants and helps fight aging… Honey clarifies the pores and the skin and leaves it smooth and glowing!
HOW TO MAKE IT?
STEP 1: In a medium-sized bowl, combine the activated charcoal powder, coarsely grounded oatmeal and gram flour and mix the ingredients properly.
STEP 2: To the above mixture, add yogurt, honey and tea tree essential oil and mix everything together to form a paste.
STEP 3: The paste needs to be of a medium consistency, i.e, neither too thick nor too runny… If the mixture is too thick, add a little water or rose-water into it to bring it to the desired consistency!
And voilà! Your DIY charcoal face & body mask is ready to accompany you to the shower! 😀
HOW TO USE IT?
Once in shower/bath, rinse your face and the entire body properly… You may also use a body wash or bathing bar prior to using this mask to provide it a clean surface for absorption!
After rinsing the body, use a clean towel to wipe away the excess water from the skin or it might make the mask run down the body during and after application… 😛
Once done with the preparations, take the DIY paste on your palms and start applying it all over your face and body in a circular motion and keep massaging the pack on the skin for 3-5 minutes for some exfoliation…
Keep the mask on for around 12-15 minutes and wash it off with fresh water at the end!
P.S.: Since the mask is black in colour, your bathroom might look a little messy after use, but don’t worry as this mask wouldn’t stain anything and would go away with just a little water! 😛
(Also read my review of Ryaal Black Mess here!)
I like keeping the mask in the refrigerator for a couple of minutes before use which chills the mask and provides a nice, soothing and cooling sensation to the skin upon application… The mask gets washed off really easily and doesn’t stain the skin, which is a great thing! 😛
This charcoal mask leaves my skin soft, smooth and nourished, but most importantly, it leaves my skin ‘clear’! And by clear, I mean that my skin and my pores feel really clarified, as if someone has pulled out all the impurities and grease from my skin… ❤
And even after all this, the mask doesn’t dry out my ‘dry’ body skin completely and leaves it pretty hydrated! ❤
If you liked this DIY, do try it out at home and let me know your views! 🙂
Hope it helps! ❤