Hello my beauties! ❤❤❤
Good day to all! 🙂
‘Regular is boring!’ Isn’t so???
For a person like me, who gets bored with stuffs pretty easily, the above sentence is the reality of his/her life! 😛 😀
So, as I ran out of my regular toner, a few days back, I decided to give my skin a small break from all the store-bought toners and make a really easy but effective facial toner at home, with an ingredient that is present in every kitchen – RICE!
Yes! Rice! 😛
But hey, it’s not just rice, it has got a floral twist to it! 😉 😉 😉
Read on… ❤
D-I-Y RICE WATER AND LAVENDER TONER!
WHAT YOU NEED:
• 1 spray bottle.
• Water, as required.
• 1/2 cup of white or brown, good quality rice.
• 10-12 drops of Lavender essential oil.
• A few drops of Jojoba oil (Optional), if you have a dry skin!
ABOUT THE INGREDIENTS:
• Lavender essential oil: Lavender essential oil soothes the broken, sunburnt, inflamed skin and being anti-bacterial in nature also fights acne, wrinkles & eczema!
• Rice soaked water: Rice water contains many minerals and vitamins that are essential for a glowing and healthy skin! It has anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and promotes cell growth, improves blood circulation, heals acne and eczema, tones and soothes the skin!
HOW TO MAKE THE TONER:
STEP 1 – Take a clean bowl and add 1/2 cup of rice in it.
STEP 2 – Add 1-1.5 cups of water into the bowl and stir it.
STEP 3 – Let the bowl rest for 15 minutes and meanwhile rinse the spray bottle.
STEP 4 – After 15 minutes, strain the rice and keep the rice water aside.
STEP 5 – Add 10-12 drops of Lavender essential oil into the spray bottle and pour the rice water over it, into the bottle.
If you have a dry skin, you can also add a few drops of Jojoba oil at this point, so that the toner doesn’t leave your skin stretchy!
STEP 6 – Close the bottle and shake the contents well!
And your DIY Rice Water And Lavender Toner is all ready to be used! ❤
HOW TO USE?
Cleanse your face, pat dry and spray this DIY toner directly on to your face!
Alternatively, you can spray it on a cotton ball and then apply it on your skin! ❤
You can also use this toner to mix your powdered face packs and scrubs! 😀
This DIY toner works great for combination to oily skin and instantly tones up the face! ❤
Normal to dry skinned beauties can add a few drops of Jojoba oil (as mentioned in the above steps) to avoid any stretching of the skin on application!
SHELF LIFE: This toner would easily remain in a good condition for a week or so, if the weather is cool! But I would suggest you to store it in the refrigerator for a longer shelf life and always check for any foul smell before using it on your skin, so as to be sure that it has not got spoiled 🙂
(Also read about my DIY Geranium And Rose Water Deodorant here!)
I hope you liked this DIY! ❤
Do let me know your views over it! 😉