Hello dear people! ❤
I hope you all are doing great! 🙂
If we talk about one product in the skincare department that is loved by everyone but hardly comes into proper use, it has got to be the bath salt! 😛
We usually associate bath salts either with a luxurious bath in a bathtub or a warm foot soak in a tub full of flowers! ❤
Honestly, none of the two ways are feasible most of the times… 😛
More than three-fourth of the Indian households lack a bathtub and a fancy foot soak seems to be quite a lot of work (especially if you are a lazy bum like me)! 😛
So, here in this post, I am going to share with you all some really easy and practical ways in which you can incorporate bath salts into your day-to-day life, without a fuss! ❤❤❤
WHAT IS AN EPSOM SALT AND HOW IS IT DIFFERENT FROM A BATH SALT?
Epsom salt granules are the crystals of hydrated magnesium sulfate, a mineral compound that effectively exfoliates the skin, smoothens it, replenishes the magnesium levels and flushes out toxins from the skin, leaving it soft, supple and healthy! It also soothes muscle pain and body aches and helps improve sleep! ❤
Epsom salt is a pure salt and only contains 100% magnesium sulfate while bath salts are blends that contain epsom salt mixed with various essential oils, dried flowers, herbs and even other salts such as dead sea salt and Himalayan pink salt! ❤
So, pure epsom salt is a bath salt but not all bath salts are pure epsom salts! And that reminds me of the great set theory and venn diagrams (mathematics stuffs 😛 )!
EASY AND PRACTICAL WAYS OF USING BATH SALTS WITHOUT A BATHTUB!
1. HAND AND FOOT SOAK: You don’t need a fancy tub, fragrant candles and essential oils to make a good foot soak! All you need is a bucket or a deep & wide utensil, 3/4th full with warm water… Add into it 4-5 tablespoons of the available bath salt or epsom salt and stir gently so that the salt gets dissolved completely… You can also add a few drops of olive oil or coconut oil on the top of the water before putting your feet or hands inside!
Soak in for 15 to 20 minutes and enjoy some relaxing music meanwhile! ❤
2. HAND AND FOOT SCRUB: In a bowl, add one tablespoon of coconut oil/olive oil/almond oil, one tablespoon of liquid soap or shower gel and stir in 2-3 tablespoons of the available bath salt! Take some of the mixture on your palms and gently massage on the hands and feet to exfoliate and smoothen out the skin and also remove the fresh suntan!
3. BODY EXFOLIATOR: Bath salts work amazingly as body exfoliators and all you need is a bowl and your regular body wash! Take 1 tablespoon of the body wash in the bowl and mix in 1 tablespoon of the available bath salt… Stir the mixture continuously until about 10% of the salt gets dissolved in the liquid… And your body exfoliator is ready! 😀
Take a bit of it on your palms and massage it in a circular motion on the skin until the salt under your palms, dissolves… Rinse off after you are done with the whole body!
4. DIY BODY PACKS/UBTANS: Body packs and masks are nothing uncommon and we all use some, once in a while! So, the next time you make a bowl of DIY body pack or ubtan for yourself, replace the binding liquid with some bath salt dissolved in water! All you need is a tablespoon of the bath salt and half a cup of water! 😛
Using bath salt with a body pack would provide the minerals present in the salt, enough time to seep into the skin! ❤
5. HAIR CONDITIONER: No no! You don’t need to set up a laboratory for this! 😛
Just mix a teaspoon of crushed (if not grounded) epsom salt with your regular conditioner in a bowl and stir it until the salt gets dissolved properly! Use it like a normal conditioner and it would leave your hair smooth, soft and bouncy! ❤
6. FACE CLEANSER: For this, you would need only the 100% pure epsom salt and not just any other bath salt! 😛
Grind half a teaspoon of epsom salt in a grinder and mix it with your regular facial cleanser! The magnesium in the epsom salt would make the skin firmer and smoother with regular use! ❤
These are a few not-so-fancy ways of incorporating your favourite bath salt in your daily skincare routine… You can follow the above mentioned tips to finish the bath salt lying unused in your cupboard or even go ahead and buy the bath salt you always wanted to get! ❤
I hope this list benefits you! ❤
P.S.: Do not ingest epsom salt as it is a potent laxative and may leave you stuck inside the toilet for the whole day! 😛