“No elegance is possible without perfume. It is the unseen, unforgettable, ultimate accessory.” – Coco Chanel
A good perfume can change the way people look at you, and this is a scientifically proven fact! ❤
But one big fact, that just cannot be ignored, is also that the ‘good’ perfumes always tend to burn a big hole in our pockets, making it hard for everyone out there to get one for themselves! 😛
So, when I came across this really ‘affordable’ perfume by the brand – Happily Unmarried, I knew I had to give it a try and see if it can deliver all that it claims at such a nominal price! 😛
Today, I am going to review the same for you all… Read on to know if it fared for me! 😀
HAPPILY UNMARRIED SOUL CHUTNEY, EAU DE PARFUM
DESCRIPTION: Free spirited, begins at the end of most people’s comfort zone!
A mash up of floral, fresh and fruity notes for the one’s who live for today.
• Keeps you smelling good for long.
• Citrus and fruity fragrance.
• Elevates your mood.
• SLS & Paraben free Fragrance.
• Top Notes of Citrus & Red Fruits.
• Middle Notes of Exotic Flowers.
• Bottom Notes of Amber & Sandalwood.
No harmful chemicals, only love!
INGREDIENTS: Alcohol Denat., Aqua, Perfume, Alcohol (95% V/V) Content: 79% W/W Denatured With 1% Diethylphthalate.
ATTENTION & PRECAUTION: Inflammable
DIRECTIONS FOR SAFE USE: Dab perfume on your wrists and neck.
Keep away from eyes. If the product enters the eye, wash out thoroughly with plenty of clean water. Keep away from children. If you see signs of allergic reaction stop using immediately.
COST: Rs. 150 for 10ml [Single Size]
SHELF LIFE: 36 months from the date of manufacturing.
MY TAKE ON THE PRODUCT:
Happily Unmarried’s ‘Soul Chutney’ Eau De Parfum comes in a tiny, cylindrical glass bottle packaging with a sturdy spray nozzle on its mouth and surprisingly, no separate cap on the top! The bottle further comes packed inside a cute cardboard box which has all the details about the perfume, mentioned over it… The packaging is quite handy and leak-proof and the bottle, even though made up of glass, can bear a lot of pressure and quite a few falls without breaking which makes it really travel-friendly (especially when carried inside the cardboard box, as it lacks an additional cap)! 😛
The perfume liquid is completely transparent and has no added tint or colour to it… It is also very lightweight and gets absorbed into the skin within just a few seconds of application, without leaving behind any residue! ❤
This perfume by Happily Unmarried has a really wonderful fragrance… ❤ The moment I spray the perfume on my pulse points and clothes, it instantly fills my nostrils with a sweet-citrusy-fruity fragrance… Sometimes, on sniffing immediately after application, I do find a slight alcohol-like smell but that isn’t very prominent and fades away completely within a minute… 😀
This perfume radiates a delicious citrusy-fruity fragrance initially, which changes into an equally beautiful fruity-floral fragrance after some time, although the transition is hardly noticeable! 😛
The overall fragrance is quite youthful and girly – a delightful blend of sweet and not so sweet, soury and yet not so soury fragrances… ❤❤❤
The perfume, even though a delight to one’s sense of smell, has a pretty low staying power! I have been using this perfume every now and then, for over six months and never for once could my friends notice any fragrance in my presence, whenever I met them after one and a half to two hours of applying this perfume! 🙁
This perfume hardly lasts for half an hour to one hour when sprayed directly on the pulse points or the skin… It starts fading away within 15-20 minutes and completely vanishes by the end of an hour…
When applied to the clothes, the perfume lingers for a maximum of one and a half to two hours after which one can only feel it on sniffing…
The perfume does last a little longer when applied to the clothes instead of the skin, but it still doesn’t last long enough to qualify as a perfume with a ‘decent’ staying power! 🙁
(Also read my review of Greenberry Organics Shea Butter & Coconut Oil Soap here!)
SUMMING UP PROS AND CONS:
1. Affordable and available online on Amazon! [UPDATE: Had a talk with the brand and they said that the product has been discontinued, but you can still find it on amazon or get their soul chutney body mist, which has a similar fragrance!]
2. Cute, sturdy and travel-friendly (especially when carried inside the cardboard box); the bottle, although glass, isn’t susceptible to breakage!
3. Free from harmful chemicals like paraben, sulphates, phosphates and toxic petrochemicals!
4. Comes with a good quality spray nozzle which doesn’t leak or break easily!
5. Youthful, feminine fragrance… An enthralling amalgam of citrusy, fruity and floral, sweet and not so sweet notes! ❤
6. Doesn’t stain the clothes or the skin! ❤
1. Doesn’t last long; the fragrance starts fading away from the pulse points within 15-20 minutes and completely vanishes within an hour or so… As for the application on the clothes, the fragrance lasts for a maximum of one and a half to two hours after which it just stops lingering and can only be felt on sniffing! 🙁
2. Presence of an additional cap would have been appreciated!
FINAL TAKE: Affordable, free from harmful chemicals, cute, travel friendly and above all, the beautiful fruity-floral fragrance… This perfume by Happily Unmarried could have easily become my ‘most’ favourite perfume, if its staying power was up to the mark! Nevertheless, I still like it for its fragrance and you can definitely give it a try, if you aren’t much bothered with its low staying power! 😀
Hope it helps! ❤