Hello beautiful ladies! ❤❤❤
Hope you all are doing great! 😀
Being ‘Trendy’ is cool… Being ‘Trendy’ is the need of the day! But even then, our love for ‘Classics’ remain undivided! ❤
Because no matter how many Trends come and go, a Classic will remain for ever! ❤
And one such ‘Classic’ in terms of make-up is ‘Nude Lipstick’! ❤
Yes, I do love bright, pop, bitten and ombre lips… But Nude and Brown lipsticks have my heart! ❤
Today, I will be reviewing one of the cheapest, and yet branded, nude lipsticks available in India that’s custom made for the Indian skin tones and a must have for all the school and college going beauties out there! ❤
LAKMÉ ENRICH LIP CRAYON – 09 CINNAMON BROWN
DESCRIPTION (As on the brand’s website): Get smooth and matte finish lips with this lip colour crayon by Lakmé that is infused with mineral powders. It has a soft texture and is available in 10 gorgeous shades that suit all Indian skin tones. It also has a rich blend of olive and jojoba oil that simultaneously conditions your lips.
INGREDIENTS: No ingredients list is mentioned but it contains olive and jojoba oils in it, according to the description given!
HOW TO APPLY (As on the brand’s website):
Step 1: Open the cap and start applying the product from the centre of your upper lip.
Step 2: Worked from the centre towards the outer edges of your lip, following the contours of your mouth.
Step 3: Glide the product across the entire bottom lip.
Step 4: This step is optional but you could use a tissue to blot out the extra product.
COST: INR 185 for 2.2g
SHELF LIFE: 24 months
MY TAKE ON THE PRODUCT:
The Lakme enrich lip crayons were launched around a year back and since then they have been a favourite for all the young girls out there due to their affordable price and wide range of shades! ❤
The Lakme lip crayons completely resemble the regular colouring crayons and come with a black plastic body in between which the lipstick bullet is present! The crayons have a sturdy black cap on the top and also come with an information leaflet around the body of the crayon that contains the shade name, manufacturing details, etc., over it! Moreover the leaflet is coloured in almost the same shade as the lipstick bullet which makes it easy to identify a shade from the lot! 😀 😛
The shade that I am going to review today is my most favourite shade from this range… The shade 09 Cinnamon Brown! ❤ This is a really pretty, brownish nude shade with neutral undertones! This is one such shade that would flatter every skin tone… From fair to wheatish and medium to dark! ❤ Although, it might wash out a bit on very dark-skinned beauties!
The texture of this lip crayon is extremely smooth and somewhat creamy which makes the crayon glide on the lips with ease and provides a velvety matte finish! ❤ Due to this texture the lipstick doesn’t make the lips look patchy or dry even if applied without prior scrubbing of lips! ❤
The lip crayon also has a sweet chocolaty fragrance to it which is quite mild and goes almost unnoticeable if not sniffed closely! 😛
What I love the most about this lip crayon is that it covers the pigmentation on my lips easily, which even the high-end lipsticks fail to do at times! I have really pigmented lips with a darker tone on the outer ends and corners and a mixture of dark and light tones on the inner lips! 🙁 This lip crayon transfers the exact colour to the lips and makes the pigmentation go unnoticed in just a single swipe while two to three swipes are enough to give a finished natural yet beautiful look to the lips! ❤
Now, talking about the staying power of the lip crayons… The staying power of these crayons is amazing but they are not at all transfer proof or smudge-proof! 😀 Yes, it sounds contradictory and funny, but it’s true! 😛
The colour easily remains on my lips the way it is, for around 5-6 hours if left untouched… Even if I touch my lips a bit, it stills lasts on my lips for a minimum of 5 hours after which is starts to fade slightly… Also, it doesn’t leave patches as it fades, instead it fades from all over the lips and still leaves back a slight tint! ❤
The only issue is that it doesn’t resist transfer or smudging at all and although it doesn’t transfer much while drinking or eating very light snacks that don’t tend to come in contact with the lips, it goes away almost completely with meals… 🙁
Having said that, I still feel that it is one of the best nude lipsticks available in India at this price point and it has been my go to lipstick for that everyday ‘No Makeup’ makeup look for long… ❤
(Also read my review over Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick-Orange Icon here!)
SUMMING UP PROS AND CONS:
1. Very affordable and easily available both online as well as offline! Buy it from here!
2. The packaging is quite cute, sturdy and travel friendly!
3. Can be easily sharpened with a cosmetic sharpener or even just by using a blade.
4. The texture of Lakme enrich lip crayons is very smooth and slightly creamy! The crayon glides on the lips with ease! ❤ Also, it has an extremely mild, sweet-chocolaty fragrance to it!
5. The lip colour is definitely matte but does have a slightly creamy texture due to which it doesn’t make very dry lips( like mine) crack or look patchy instantly! ❤
6. The shade Cinnamon Brown is a beautiful nude-brown shade that would suit most of the Indian skin tones perfectly, although it might wash out on very dark skin tones!
7. The pigmentation of these crayons is extremely good and just 1 single swipe gives a good coverage to the dark and pigmented lips! Multiple swipes can be used to cover the pigmentation on the lips completely. ❤
8. The Lipstick stays on the lips, undisturbed, for 5 hours or even more if the wearer doesnt intake any food or water! Even after 5-6 hours it fades evenly without leaving ugly-looking patches! 😀
1. The crayon needs to be sharpened which leads to wastage of quite a good amount of the product! A retractable crayon would have been better!
2. The ingredients list is absent both on the brand’s website and on the packaging!
3. The Lipstick is not at all transfer proof or smudge-proof and although it survives a little water or drink easily, it succumbs to meals!
RATING: 4.25/5 (-0.75 for being transferable due to which the staying power decreases!)
FINAL TAKE: The Cinnamon Brown shade from Lakme enrich lip crayons a great option for those who are looking for a nude brown, daily wear lipstick that would provide good coverage to pigmented lips, last long and won’t make their purses feel light! 😀
This range of lipsticks from Lakme is a must have for all school and college going girls and even those who are not into heavy makeup and don’t want to invest much in costly products! ❤
Hope It Helps! ❤