Hello Beautiful Souls! ❤❤❤
How is everyone doing? 🙂
Blessed are those who have lustrous, frizz free, shiny hair! For the rest, there are HAIR SERUMS! 😛
I belong to the second category anyway and so, my search for a good hair serum never ends… 🙁
Today’s review is of a serum that claims to tackle 5 problems at a go… Read on to know if it stands true to its claims! ❤
LOREAL PARIS TOTAL REPAIR 5, INSTANT SMOOTHENING AND NOURISHING OIL SERUM
Loreal Paris total repair 5, instant smoothening and nourishing oil serum for unmanageable, damaged hair.
Technological innovation – ceramide cement!
Daily aggression from sun, water and pollution makes your hair dry, rough and unmanageable. The hair tangles and breaks. Loreal advanced research has created the new total repair 5 nourishing oil serum.
Its caring formula works at two levels:
1. When applied, it instantly attaches itself to damaged areas, repairs and unifies the hair’s surface, creating a protective shield against further damage and split ends.
2. Nourishes and smoothens your hair from root to tips; hairs feel silky, looks healthy and is easy to style.
Day after day your hair is…
1. Strong 2. Smooth 3. Shiny 4. Detangled 5. Protected tips.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
1. Take a few drops of the serum onto the palms of your hand. The amount of serum depends on the length of your hair.
2. Rub hands together and distribute evenly along the lengths of your hair, paying particular attention to the ends.
3. Close the cap to preserve product quality.
For best results, use on towel dried, damp hair.
Can be applied on dry hair for intense shine.
Do not rinse. Leave in.
INGREDIENTS: Cyclopentasiloxane, dimethiconol, alcohol denat, limonene benzyl salicylate, linalool, benzyl alcohol, 2-oleamido-1, 3-octadecanediol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, geraniol, butyl phenyl, methyl propional, citronellol, hexyl cinnamal, fragrance.
SHELF LIFE: 36 months.
COST: INR 240 for 80ml.
MY TAKE ON THE PRODUCT:
L’Oréal Paris has quite a few hair serums under its brand name… Out of which this Serum belongs to the ‘Total repair 5’ range.. ❤
It comes in a white coloured bottle with a sturdy red flip cap that shuts tight and doesn’t allow any product leakage! The hole in the cap is quite small and thus helps to dispense only the required amount of the product… ❤
The packaging is typically similar to the other products of the range.. All the details are mentioned on the cardboard box that it comes in and also on the body of the bottle..
The Serum is a transparent liquid, with a runny consistency and has a mild, sweet fragrance to it. ❤
I have a dry, damaged and frizzy mane.. No matter which conditioner I use, it is hard to control my frizz! I have been using this product for months now, after towel drying my washed hair in the morning and it has helped to keep my frizz under control to a pretty good extent, though not completely, untill the evening.. It also keeps my hair tangle free for about a day after which it starts getting messy again..
Upon applying this serum on dry hair, it does make the hair look shiny and silky as claimed and also keeps them detangled for long..
But don’t expect the above results if you are out in a windy or rough weather.. Because then, the frizz and the tangles appear again within an hour.. 🙁
Apart from these, I haven’t noticed any significant difference in the quality of my hair to say that it actually makes the hair stronger or smoother or that it repairs the split ends.. 😀
It is just a regular hair serum to keep the hair tamed! 😛
(Also read my review over Mamaearth Anti Hairfall Kit here!)
SUMMING UP PROS AND CONS:
1. Affordable, travel friendly and easily available both online and offline! Buy it from here!
2. Application on damp hair keeps the hair frizz free and detangled atleast for the day.
3. Makes dry and damaged hair look healthy.
4. It does make the hair shiny and silky, when applied on dry hair.
1. Haven’t seen any significant decrease in split ends even after using the Serum for months.
2. Doesn’t make the hair stronger or smoother in the long term.
3. The effects don’t last in rough weather.
FINAL TAKE: The total repair 5 hair serum is a good serum for the price it comes at! Though it doesn’t improve the quality of the hair, it does serve its purpose of making the hair frizz and tangle free! ❤
Hope It Helps ❤