Hello lovelies! ❤❤❤
I hope you all are doing great! 🙂
“Pigmentation, acne, scars, fine lines and wrinkles…”
These might seem to be just a few words out of the English dictionary, but these tiny words possess enough power to make a lady pull out her hair in frustration! 😛
We have the beauty market flooded with hundreds of thousands of lotions, creams and serums that either claim to reduce the pigmentation or fight against acne, reverse the effects of aging or smoothen out the skin… But having one magical potion that works for all the skin issues, from teenage acne to signs of aging skin, has always been a dream! ❤
So, when I came across the recast vitamin c serum, that claimed to do exactly the same, I knew I had to get it and try it out for myself! 😀 Today, I am going to put forth my experience with the serum… Read on! ❤
RECAST VITAMIN C SERUM
DESCRIPTION [As mentioned online]: Recast vitamin c facial serum is an extremely lightweight serum infused with the stable form of vitamin c, moisture booster hyaluronic acid, perfect anti-oxidant glutathione, aloe vera, azelaic acid and grape seed extract. It helps retain the youthful look and radiance of the skin. It even helps in reducing the acne, scars, fine lines and wrinkles in a perfectly natural and safe way. It does not stick like your other serums and is easy to apply at all the times. It is non-comedogenic, paraben free and the best combination for all skin types and all ages.
KEY INGREDIENTS: Vitamin C 20%, Grapeseed Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Glutathione, Aloe Vera Extract
INGREDIENTS: Water, Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, Glycerine, Glutathione, Azeloglicina, Aloe Vera Extract, Niacinamide, Sodium Hyaluronate, Witch Hazel Extract, Phenoxyethanol & Capryl Glycol, Betaglucan, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Grapeseed Extract, Fragrance.
• Wash skin and pat dry. Apply a dime-sized amount of serum to face and neck.
• Allow to dry; then apply moisturizer and/or makeup.
• Can be used once or twice a day as needed.
• Shake well before use.
COST: Rs. 1200 [Available on Amazon at a highly discounted price]
SHELF LIFE: 24 months
MY TAKE ON THE PRODUCT:
The recast vitamin c serum comes in a simple, amber-coloured glass bottle packaging with two sets of lids – a regular screw-on cap with spill-proofing that keeps the serum safe until it reaches the consumer and a good quality pump dispenser that is provided along to facilitate usage! The packaging is totally leak-proof and the bottle, although made up of glass, is very sturdy and can bear a lot of pressure without breaking which makes it quite travel-friendly! ❤
The serum has a mild to moderately strong, kind of weird & not-so-pleasant (in my opinion) medicinal smell which might make the sensitive noses feel a little uneasy, although the smell vanishes within a few seconds of application! 😛
The serum is in the form of a thick yet runny, transparent, gel-like liquid with a light-amber coloured tinge to it… The gel is not at all tacky and instead feels like plain water when rubbed in between the palms!
The serum spreads on the skin with ease and gets completely absorbed into the skin within 10-15 seconds of use, leaving the skin matte and fresh! I have an oily-combination, acne prone skin type and the hyaluronic acid (a humectant) in the serum keeps my skin well hydrated for a long period of time without making it feel greasy or heavy… Also, it never broke me out and so, I feel that this serum would act as a perfect moisturizer for oily to combination, acne-prone skin types while all the other skin types can use it beneath their regular moisturizers! ❤
I first started to notice a visible difference in my skin within 12-15 days of using this serum regularly… The acne scars (old as well as new) on my face seemed a bit lightened and less pigmented while my skin looked visibly smoother! Continued use, gradually intensified the results and within a month, my skin looked a lot more smooth and kind of flawless in texture while the pigmentation of the acne scars on my face, too, was greatly reduced (though they didn’t fade away completely)! ❤ But the biggest surprise was that it suppressed the breaking out of my skin… Yes, I was still getting quite a lot of breakouts but their quantity was definitely reduced to some extent! ❤
Furthermore, the receding breakouts didn’t leave behind scars as pigmented as they used to do earlier! ❤
The recast vitamin c serum did work for me quite effectively, but then, nothing in this world works magically and determined regular use is what’s needed to achieve good results! ❤
(Also read my review over Elizavecca Hyaluronic Acid 97% Serum here!)
SUMMING UP PROS AND CONS:
1. Available at a greatly discounted price online on amazon as well as on recast’s own website!
2. Handy, hygienic and travel-friendly packaging!
3. Free from parabens, sulphates and other harmful chemicals and loaded with wonder ingredients like vitamin c, aloe vera extract, grapeseed extract, witch hazel extract and hyaluronic acid! ❤
4. Slightly thick in consistency, but non-sticky and non-greasy; gets absorbed into the skin easily, leaving the skin matte!
5. Can be used alone as a moisturizer for combination to oily, acne-prone skin types while drier skin types can follow it up with their daily moisturizers! ❤
6. Regular use for a prolonged period of time (eg. a month) visibly improves the texture of the skin, making it smoother and comparatively youthful!
7. Gradually reduces the pigmentation of old acne marks and scars, lightening them without peeling off or damaging the skin, unlike over-the-counter ointments! It also restricts the new breakouts from leaving behind very dark marks/scars…
8. Doesn’t stop or ‘greatly reduce’ the occurrence of acne but does suppress the breakouts to a little extent!
9. Works quite fast compared to many other similar products, and shows a noticeable difference within just 15 days of use!
1. Quite expensive (MRP), although at present, it is available online at a much discounted price! 😛
2. The fragrance of the serum is a little harsh and weird (in my opinion) which might bother the sensitive noses!
FINAL TAKE: The recast serum is quite effective when it comes to smoothening out the texture of the skin as well as visibly reducing pigmentation and scars, although it does take some time to make the effects noticeable! If you are looking for a comparatively safer alternative to the chemical-laden spot treatment creams or want to try out something to improve the texture of the skin, I would recommend that you give this serum a go! 🙂
Hope it helps! ❤