Hello dear people! ❤❤❤
I hope you all are doing great! 🙂
If you too suffer from an oily skin like me, you just cannot deny the importance of a good clay-based mask in your life! 😛
Clay-based masks are a boon for combination and oily skin types. And when they come enriched with other potent ingredients such as charcoal, tea tree essential oil and aloe vera gel, who can say a ‘NO’ to them! 😀
Today, I am going to review a clay and charcoal based ‘mask cum scrub’ for you all, which claims to cleanse, purify, detox and brighten the skin in just 3 minutes… Read on to know if it stands up to its claims! 😛
SKIN SALAD CHARCOAL FACE MASK
DESCRIPTION: 3 – minutes charcoal face mask.
Detox, purifying, brightening and deep cleansing.
Organic. Cruelty-free. Vegan. Handmade.
INGREDIENTS: Bentonite Clay, Kaolin Clay, Activated Charcoal Clay, Aloe Vera Gel, Sesame Oil, Aqua, Tea Tree Essential Oil, Cherry Blossom Extract, Decyl Glucoside, Walnut Shell Powder, Glycerine, Phenyl Ethyl Alcohol.
HOW TO USE?
Cleanse your face properly with Skin Salad Charcoal Face Cleanser. Wipe and pat dry. Generously spread all over your face leaving the eyes and mouth area. Wait for 3 minutes and wash off with gentle scrubbing if required. Adore the incredible glow!
CAUTION: Avoid contact with eyes, they won’t like it. Natural ingredients can also cause allergies or irritation in some cases. Always conduct a patch test before use.
For external use only.
Store in a cool and dry place.
COST: Rs. 699 for 100ml.
SHELF LIFE: 24 months.
MY TAKE ON THE PRODUCT:
Skin Salad charcoal face mask comes in a transparent plastic tub packaging with a black-coloured screw-on lid on the top… The tub also has an inner lid on its mouth which prevents the mask from leaking and making the outer lid messy. The overall packaging of the product is really sturdy and leak-proof which makes it quite travel-friendly! ❤
The body of the tub contains a black-coloured label around it which has all the necessary details about the product including the list of ingredients, caution and shelf life, mentioned over it…
The charcoal mask is grey in colour and has a thick but not dense, spongy consistency… It is loaded with scrubbing granules and even a pea-sized amount of the mask contains hundreds of them!
The mask has a mild to moderately strong fragrance of tea tree essential oil which in my opinion, is quite refreshing… But people with sensitive noses may find the smell a bit overpowering! 🙁
Owing to its unique, spongy consistency, the mask spreads on the skin with absolute ease and less than half a teaspoon of it is enough to cover the entire face and neck. The mask provides a slight cooling sensation to the skin after application, which lasts until it is rinsed off! It takes around 3 to 4 minutes for the mask to get dry, after which you can gently scrub the face and neck with wet hands and wash off the mask in the end. The scrubbing granules present in the mask, though high in number, are quite small in size and do not feel harsh against the skin.
The mask deeply cleanses the skin and washes away all the dirt, dust, oil and impurities from the surface of the skin as well as from within the pores… It also exfoliates the skin really well and removes all the dead skin cells present on the skin… The mask leaves the skin soft, smooth, cleansed and fresh! ❤
I have an acne prone skin type which tends to get extremely oily during the summers and behaves like normal-dry skin type during the winters… I have been using this mask for quite a few months now and I have noticed that although it doesn’t dry out my skin during the summers, it does make my skin feel somewhat dry and stretchy during the winters… So, in my opinion, this mask is best suited for people with oily to normal skin types while it would leave the skin dry and stretchy for people with drier skin types!
Also, I almost always have a few live acne on my face and this mask cum scrub never aggravated or bothered them, neither did it ever cause additional breakouts for me… But if you have a lot of live acne on your face, applying this mask may hurt a lot due to the presence of so many scrubbing granules!
(Also read my review of Chauth And Nagsan Dead Sea Mud Scrub here!)
SUMMING UP PROS AND CONS:
1. Available online on Amazon at a discounted price!
2. Sturdy, leak-proof and travel-friendly packaging.
3. Loaded with skin loving ingredients and free from parabens, sulphates, phosphates, petrochemicals and other toxic additives!
4. Has a refreshing fragrance of tea tree essential oil.
5. Spreads on the skin with ease and less than half a teaspoon of it is enough for one use!
6. Provides a slight cooling sensation to the skin after application.
7. Deeply cleanses the skin and washes away all the dirt and grease, leaving the skin clean and fresh!
8. Exfoliates the skin really well and leaves it soft and smooth!
9. Contains a large amount of scrubbing granules but they are quite gentle on the skin…
10. Can be washed after 3 minutes of application which makes it a great choice for when you are in a rush!
11. Great for oily to normal skin types.
12. Doesn’t break out the skin or aggravate live acne!
1. A bit expensive, if bought on MRP!
2. People with sensitive noses may find the fragrance a bit overpowering!
3. Not suitable for people with drier skin types.
4. People with too many live acne on their face may find it difficult to apply this mask due to the presence of so many scrubbing particles!
FINAL TAKE: If you have a skin type that lies in between normal to oily skin types and does not suffer from a large number of acne, and if you are looking for an effective, easy to use, clay/charcoal based mask cum scrub, I would recommend that you give this mask a try! 🙂
Hope it helps! ❤