Hello Friends! ???
What’s up with you all? ❤
VLCC has a wide range of bleaches and the internet is full of positive reviews over them.. Personally, I swear by a few skincare products from the brand.. So, when i had to decide what bleach to use for that perfect look this festive season… I chose one from VLCC! ??
Today I am reviewing the same.. Read on to know if it worked for me! ❣
VLCC INSTA GLOW DIAMOND BLEACH
DESCRIPTION: Insta glow diamond bleach with diamond bhasma for sparkling fairness.
The unique Instaglow bleach enriched with goodness of diamond bhasma that gives you sparkling fairness instantly and detoxifies your skin, aloe Vera extracts rehydrates the skin instantly and keeps your radiance intact.
1. Wash the area to be bleached with soap and cold water, pat dry.
2. Apply entire quantity of pre bleach cream or use small quantity of cold cream, massage gently till it gets absorbed.
3. Mix the contents of cream and powder activator in the ratio (10:1) of 10g cream with 1g of activator powder thoroughly until powder gets dissolved into cream.
4. Apply the mixture on the skin to be bleached using plastic spatula, make sure that hair are completely covered by mixture. Avoid application of bleach around eyes contour, eyebrows and eyelids.
5. Allow application for not more than 15 minutes. Choose the application time depending on your skin tone, for darker skin tone upto 10 minutes and for fairer skin tone upto 15 minutes. If hair tone is not lightened as much as desired, re apply the mixture for not more than 5 minutes. Mild irritation is normal during bleaching, if it starts itching or burning, remove it immediately.
6. Wash of the area with cold water and pat dry. Don’t use any soap for atleast 5 hours.
7. Apply a thin layer of post bleach pack, leave it on for 5 minutes and then Massage it gently until it’s completely absorbed.
8. Avoid going out in sunlight immediately. For better results apply in the evening.
BLEACH CREAM- Glycerin, poluquaternium compound, hydrogen peroxide, aloevera powder.
POWDER ACTIVATOR- Diamond bhasma, ammonium bicarbonate, mica, aluminium starch octenylsuccinate.
FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY.
COST: INR 35 for 6.6g(6g Bleach cream, 0.6g powder activator); Bigger sizes available.
SHELF LIFE: 1.5 years.
MY TAKE ON THE PRODUCT:
The Vlcc Instaglow diamond bleach comes in a blue and White/silver themed cardboard box.. The box has all the details, shelf life, content and ingredients mentioned over it.. ?
The box contains an instruction manual on how to use the bleach, the bleach cream, the powder activator and the pre and post bleach cream/gels..
The Diamond bleach pack comes in a number of sizes but the pre and post bleach creams are only available with the boxes of quantity 30g or above.. ?
The one that I bought is the smallest, one time use pack which has a 6g bleach cream and a 0.6g activator.. The cream is white in colour and has a mild pleasant fragrance to it.. But the activator powder has a very offensive pungent,sulphurous kind of smell(Which makes me nostalgic about the Chemistry laboratory in my school!)! ?
It takes about a minute to mix the powder with the cream properly.. The consistency of the cream is very thick but once mixed with the activator it becomes quite fluffy and easy to spread.. ?
As the one time use pack lacks a pre bleach cream, I used the regular ponds cold cream to massage and prepare my face after cleansing it and also used the same as the post bleach cream(Jugaad ?)! ???
(Used Pond’s cold cream as a pre and post bleach cream!)
I kept the bleach on for about 13 to 15 minutes (As I have a wheatish skin tone!) and thereafter removed it by rinsing it with cold water!
Now, I had heard a lot about the effectiveness of VLCC bleaches, that is the reason I made up my mind to try it on.. But, honestly, it disappointed me to some extent! ?
I don’t have much of facial hair( And whatever I have, I get it removed by threading), so can’t really comment much on the effectiveness of this Bleach in lightening the facial hair..
But it definitely did NOT make my skin glowy or fair! ???
After removing the bleach I could hardly notice any sort of glow on my face instead my older, fading acne marks started looking quite fresh! ?
It did somewhat lighten the tan on my face… But even my regular tan removal face washes remove the tan to a greater extent! ??
Post using the Bleach, my skin felt quite smooth and it didn’t dry out my skin completely, although it didn’t keep it hydrated either!
The only thing that I liked about this bleach A LOT was that it felt much milder on the skin.. The tingling sensation and the pungent smell was comparatively less than the bleaches from other brands…
I had a few zits on my forehead when I used the bleach, but it didn’t harm them and neither broke me out! ?
But apart from that, I am not much impressed with this bleach as the regular face packs or scrubs have the same effect and are less time consuming too! ?
SUMMING UP PROS AND CONS:
1. Inexpensive and easily available.
2. Travel friendly sizes available.
3. Comparatively milder than bleaches from other brands.
4. Does lighten the tan, but it is hardly noticeable.
5. Might lighten the color of facial hair.
6. Doesn’t dry out the skin completely.
7. Doesn’t break out the skin.
1. Pre and post bleach cream/gels are not provided along smaller/one time use packs.
2. The bleach is hardly effective; It didn’t lighten my skin to a noticeable extent and neither did anything worth the money! ?
FINAL TAKE: I am never going to invest in VLCC bleaches again.. I wonder how come so many people love it… It just didn’t work for me.. ? I am not a sucker of fairness products but this bleach even failed to provide me with a glow! ?
Hope It Helps ❤