Hello lovely people! ❤❤❤
I hope you all are doing great! 😀
Well, if you are someone whose lips tend to get dry or chapped or flaky throughout the year, you would probably agree with me that living without a good lip balm is hard! 😛
My lips are inherently dry and they chap even during the summers! So, it wouldn’t be a surprise if I say that I love good lip balms… And, I love them even more if they are organic and safe! ❤
So, when one of my favourite organic beauty brands – Yami Herbals, launched their homemade, organic and preservative-free lip balms last year, I knew I had to get one for myself! 😀
Today, I am going to review the same for you all! Read on… ❤
YAMI HERBALS GRAPEFRUIT LIP BALM
INGREDIENTS: Shea Butter, Mango Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Castor Oil, Beeswax, Candelilla Wax, Grapefruit Essential Oil.
COST: Rs. 110
SHELF LIFE: 9 months from the date of manufacture.
MY TAKE ON THE PRODUCT:
Yami Herbals grapefruit lip balm comes in a tiny, transparent plastic tub packaging with a black coloured screw-on lid on the top. The tub is very sturdy and compact and it is really easy to carry it around, as the tub fits even inside small purses…
The lid on the tub contains a label with the logo of the brand and the name of the product printed over it… Additional details like the list of ingredients and manufacturing date are not present on the packaging and though one can always contact the brand to enquire about the same (and I can guarantee that they always send freshly made units), I feel that the presence of such details on a product is quite important!
The lip balm has a natural pale yellow colour due to the presence of wax and butter in it, but the colour doesn’t show up when swatched and it looks totally transparent on the lips…
The balm is quite smooth and buttery and has a non-sticky texture. It has a pleasant, citrusy fragrance of grapefruit which is actually quite mild and I don’t think that it would bother the sensitive noses… ❤
The lip balm is not at all waxy or heavy and feels really comfortable on the lips… It keeps the lips soft, supple and moisturised for hours!
Also, it doesn’t completely succumb to meals and the lips feel quite nourished even after having food and wiping off the lips! ❤
This lip balm is much effective when it comes to healing cracked, bitten or chapped lips…
As I mentioned in the beginning, my lips get dry and chap throughout the year… Plus, I keep biting my lips, worsening their condition! This lip balm soothes the soreness and heals the cracks on my lips in just a couple of days (with regular use, of course)! ❤
One thing that I didn’t like about this lip balm is that it completely freezes during the winter months… The wax and butter present in the balm, freeze and hence, the balm becomes too hard and solid to use! I tried to use it for a few times during the winters and had to scrape off a bit of the balm each time using the back of my fingernails… It was also hard to apply and only when the body heat softened it, I was able to properly smoothen it on my lips!
But other than that, I feel that this lip balm is a good choice for warmer months and definitely a great choice if you love completely organic products! 🙂
(Also read my review of Yami Herbals Skin Polishing Scrub here!)
SUMMING UP PROS AND CONS:
1. Affordable and can be ordered easily.
• Finalize your order & inbox Yami Herbals on Facebook/Instagram or WhatsApp them at 7358813032.
• Send them your address + contact number for shipping purposes.
• Payment can be made via paytm or bank transfer.
• Delivery by courier/post within 2 working days if it’s in Tamil Nadu… To other states, it would take around 4 to 5 working days!
2. Sturdy and compact packaging; easy to carry around.
3. Has a mild, natural grapefruit fragrance.
4. Completely homemade and organic; contains shea butter, mango butter, sweet almond oil, castor oil, beeswax, candelilla wax and grapefruit essential oil.
5. Doesn’t contain artificial chemicals or preservatives.
6. Has a smooth, buttery, non-sticky texture.
7. Doesn’t feel heavy or waxy on the lips!
8. Keeps the lips soft, supple and moisturised; works well for chapped and cracked lips.
9. Stays on the lips for hours and doesn’t completely succumb to meals.
1. The packaging doesn’t contain the list of ingredients, shelf life or price mentioned over it.
2. The balm freezes during the winters as the wax and butter present in it, freeze.
3. The balm comes in a tub packaging which may seem unhygienic to many people (not to me, though)!
FINAL TAKE: If you love 100% organic beauty products, I would recommend that you give Yami Herbals lip balms a try! These balms (available in many variants) keep the lips soft, supple and healthy and although they freeze during the winters, they work really well during the warmer months! ❤
Hope it helps! ❤